Brooks Cottage is a pretty Grade II listed holiday home in the centre of Pulborough in West Sussex. Offering four bedrooms and two sitting rooms, there is plenty of space for the whole family plus 2 furry friends.
The front door opens into the sitting room, with a cosy sofa, Smart TV and beautiful inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove. To the other side of the entrance, a TV room allows the kids a chance to escape the adults in their own social space, complete with sofa, Smart TV (no terrestrial) and games console. From the sitting room a doorway opens into the large kitchen-dining room, well kitted for a self-catering holiday and with a spacious dining area in which to gather. The dining room leads into the sunroom, a perfect spot for two beloved pooches to curl up at their holiday pad. There is also a downstairs WC and utility set off the sunroom for convenience, along with French doors into the garden.
Upstairs there are four large bedrooms, including the elegant master with king size bed. The other three bedrooms are currently arranged as singles; even with three children in tow, everyone gets to have their own space. Between the bedrooms is the bathroom, featuring a claw foot bath with shower attachment over. See the ‘House info’ section for more details about this holiday home in Pulborough.
To the rear is a pretty tiered garden, with an enclosed area to contain the pets and children. A table and chairs sit in the shade of a mature walnut tree, and at the top of the garden there is private parking with space for 1 large or 2 smaller cars. Just over the road from Brooks Cottage you will find easy access straight onto Pulborough Brooks, the River Arun and the South Downs National Park. There are fantastic walking opportunities here to work up an appetite, before heading home for Sunday lunch and a feet up in front of the fire. Bring the kids, bring the dogs, bring your boots and enjoy a wander across this stunningly scenic rural landscape.
- Pets welcome (2 dogs)
- Real fire (wood stove)
- Television (2 x Smart TVs)
- Games console (Xbox One S)
- DVD player & Blu-ray
- Selection of books & games/puzzles
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Cot 1 travel cot (please bring bedding)
- Private parking (2 spaces)
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: A maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs are allowed at a cost of £25 each per stay.
- Please contact us direct if you are interested in a stay of over 21 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: There is one low step (3cm) over the front and rear door thresholds. One standard step up into the kitchen-diner and two steps up to the sunroom. All bedrooms and the bathroom are located on the first floor, via a winder staircase (with bannister and standard height risers). There is a 2cm step from the landing into the master bedroom, and two low steps (4cm rise) up to bedrooms 3 & 4 and the bathroom. Other internal floors are even and level. There is a set of 8 steps from the rear of the house into the garden, and several other steps up through the garden tiers. Please note the garden steps are not all an even height or spacing, but are none are higher than a standard riser. All measurements are approximate.
- Kitchen facilities: double electric fan oven, 4 ring gas hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, microwave, cafetière, stove top coffee percolator.
- Utility/cloakroom: washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, clothes airer, WC.
- Iron, ironing board, 2 hairdryers provided.
- There is private parking available on the driveway at the top of the garden, with space for 1 large or 2 narrow cars. Please note narrow access for larger cars.
- Two infants up to age 2 are welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 baby/travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on request.
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaPulborough is a large village on the edge of the South Downs in West Sussex, and provides everything you may need during your stay. The main high street sits on your doorstep, with several independent shops including a lovely café/coffee shop, flower shop, a butcher and Hennings fine wine merchants. There are a couple of local pubs within walking distance, and some finer drinking and dining within a 5-10 minute drive (try The Old Forge in Storrington). For food supplies the wonderful Dyke Farm Shop is a mile away, and there is also a large Sainsbury’s and Tesco just up the road in Pulborough.
This is the heart of West Sussex wine country and a mecca for connoisseurs. Nutbourne, Nyetimber and Ambriel Sparkling are all a short distance (ticketed open days only at Nyetimber), and there are no less than 10 vineyards within 10 miles at last count. Beer and ale enthusiasts are also well catered for, with the excellent Hepworth and Greyhound Breweries both within 3 miles. Venturing a little further afield there is an abundance of places to visit; Petworth House and Park, Parham House, RSPB Pulborough Brooks, Amberley Village, castle and working museum, and Arundel and Knepp Castles are all within a 15-minute drive. And of course the beautiful South Downs and River Arun sit just the other side of the road, ready for a lifetime of exploration.
Old Town Cottage
Very comfortable stay at this lovely cottage. Back garden is both quiet and private. Access to rear parking is narrow (not suitable for 4x4). We parked in the public car park 2 mins away. Both safe and handy.
A home from home for us. A 3 month stay in this lovely cottage! The agents were very accommodating and always on hand if needed. Would highly recommend
Choose your dates