Embrace your beach hair and unwind at this superbly presented and spacious home, just a short stroll to the beach at Rustington, West Sussex. The house and local beaches are dog friendly, so bring your beloved pooch or two (free of charge) and enjoy the coastal walks. With a large garden and private estate setting, Sea Breeze is a relaxing holiday retreat for up to eight guests.
Located only a couple of minutes from the heart of the pretty seaside village of Rustington, Sea Breeze makes the perfect luxury coastal cottage for a family or a small group of friends. Beautiful parquet flooring greets you at the front door and welcomes you in. It continues into the large sitting room offering an open fireplace and bifold doors to the garden, the Canadian maple reflecting a warm hue into this cosy space. Children and gamers are well catered for too with a separate playroom featuring a corner sofa, Smart TV, PlayStation 4, DVD player and a selection of games.
The smart open plan kitchen and dining room is fantastically equipped, and again opens onto the garden through another set of bifold doors. There is also a separate utility room with washing machine and dryer, a cloakroom and secure covered storage for bikes, beach gear and wetsuits. Upstairs there are four large bedrooms; the master with a super king bed, Juliet balcony and en-suite shower room, two further double bedrooms, a twin bedroom and a family bathroom with shower over the bath.
The private gardens are a great area to relax during the summer months, with a wide patio, plenty of seating, a BBQ and large wraparound lawn. The bifold doors open onto the patio and grass beyond, making a lovely alfresco space in the warm Sussex sunshine.
See the ‘House info’ section for more details about this family-friendly seaside holiday home near Arundel, Littlehampton and the South Downs, West Sussex.
- Pets welcome (2 dogs)
- Real fire (open fire)
- Games room
- Television (Smart TV x2)
- Games console (PS4)
- DVD player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books & games
- Large home - sleeps 8+
- En-suite bedroom
- Garden/outside space
- BBQ (charcoal)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Cot (please bring bedding)
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels inc beach towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: a maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs are allowed when requested in advance, free of charge.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 21 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: three low steps (5cm) up to the front door threshold. Low step (2cm) between the sitting and dining rooms. L-shaped staircase (with bannister) to the first floor and all bedrooms. Low step (4cm) into the en-suite walk-in shower in master bedroom. Step (10cm) down to the level garden from both bifold doors. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. This is intended as a guide only and accuracy is not guaranteed, please contact us if you need more info. Measurements are approx.
- Kitchen/utility facilities: 5 ring gas hob, single electric fan oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, Dolce Gusto coffee machine, microwave, kettle, toaster.
- Iron, ironing board, 2 hairdryers, beach towels provided.
- Free private parking on the driveway in front of the house, with space for 3 cars.
- One infant up to age 2 is welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on request.
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaSea Breeze is set on a quiet, private road just a couple of minutes’ walk from the centre of Rustington, where you will find a selection of coffee houses, restaurants and bars on your doorstep. It is a bustling seaside village without feeling in any way over-run. The pebble beaches behind the long greenswards reveal large stretches of sand as the tide goes out, and are within a five-minute level walk. You can stroll freely east towards Worthing centred around its historic pier, or west to the seaside town of Littlehampton, where its east and west beaches are bisected by the estuary of the River Arun. From here fishing and leisure boat trips can be taken. It is a great area to walk with popular cafes such as The Bluebird Cafe and Sea Lanes along the way. SUP paddleboarding, kitesurfing and sea kayaking are very popular in the area too, and hire/tuition is available in Littlehampton (‘The Beach’ Watersports Centre) and at Goring-by-Sea.
There are plenty of good pubs and eateries nearby, including Fig, Establo Lounge and La Cuchina in Rustington, The Lamb at Angmering, World’s End at Patching and the award-winning Fish Factory in Littlehampton. There is a large Waitrose just round the corner from the house, and a Sainsbury’s and Aldi 5 minutes by car. For days out, to the east you can easily reach the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Brighton. An enjoyable day can be spent wandering the eclectic selection of shops and arts, its iconic Royal Pavilion and the i360. Head north from Rustington and within a 10-minute drive to Patching you can be lost in the stunning hilltop scenery of the South Downs around Chanctonbury and Cissbury Rings. The historic market town of Arundel is just 6 miles up the road, and is well worth a trip to stroll the riverbank and see the iconic castle and the cathedral.
A beautiful house by the sea
We enjoyed a lovely few days at this beautiful house. It is very well-equipped and looked after and in a great location - all the shops you need within 5 minutes' walk and the beach just ten minutes away. Thoroughly recommend.
Lovely break in a fantastic location
Sea Breeze is in a perfect location with Waitrose on the doorstep yet it's quiet. The sea is a dhort walk away. Perfect for our ladies weekend. Comfortable with plenty of parking. Would come again.
Choose your dates