An elegant four bedroom coastal holiday cottage, just 150 metres from the beautiful, uncrowded beach at Middleton-on-Sea, West Sussex.
- Open fire
- Family-friendly layout
- Children’s playroom
- Huge garden
Sea Way is a world apart, a private escape in an area blessed with refined seaside charm. Offering a fantastic family-friendly layout, it is the briefest of walks to the long, unspoiled beach of Middleton-on-Sea.
Tucked away down a long gravel drive on an exclusive coastal estate, this impressive, detached holiday home is just a skipping stone from the quiet beach. Inside the house is light, fresh and spacious, with plenty of room for 8 guests (max 6 adults) and a dog. Two separate sitting rooms allow space and comfort for the family to spread out or come together as you wish, one cosy with an open fire and the other a playroom with children’s toys and games. A large kitchen-dining room will be your group holiday hub for meals, card games and planning days out in Sussex over a good bottle or two.
Upstairs there are 2 king size bedrooms, a single with trundle bed (trundle is suitable for a child up to ten years old) and a bunk bedroom. There are two bathrooms on the first floor, one with bath and handheld shower, and the other a convenient Jack-and-Jill en-suite with bath and separate shower which can be accessed from both the master and the trundle bedrooms (please note low door from master, see photos). There is also a large utility with WC and shower on the ground floor.
Outside, the huge lawned garden provides plenty of space for a relaxed game of cricket with the kids, some outdoor sunset yoga, or simply basking on a balmy summers’ day while steaks sizzle on the BBQ. When it gets too hot, just over the road the cool waters gently lap the shoreline. At high tide there’s shingle, but soon the sea rolls back to reveal vast sands, rock pools and shallows ideal for little ones to paddle, play and explore, for dogs to run, for sitting, reading, or just gazing out to sea. Beach lovers will love the barefoot life with sand beneath their toes, and for the more adventurous, paddle boarding, windsurfing or even a bracing early morning swim!
Sea Way offers relaxed self-catering group accommodation for families and couples, or for beach weekends away with friends as a responsible small group. See the ‘House info’ section for more information about this pet-friendly beach house near Arundel, Littlehampton and Bognor Regis, West Sussex.
- Pets welcome - 1 dog (2 with agreement)
- Real fire (open fire)
- Games room (play room)
- DVD player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books
- Large home - sleeps 8+
- En-suite bedroom
- Bath x2
- Shower x2
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: 1 well-behaved dog is allowed at a cost of £25 per stay. A second dog may be allowed with prior agreement only.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 14 nights (a short-term let).
- Sea Way is a family-focussed property and is not suitable for parties. There is a limited allocation for responsible groups of friends or couples with prior agreement, please do check with us as we may be able to accommodate. Maximum 6 adults (8 guests in total with children, including at least one child under 10). In order to ensure continued enjoyment for genuine bookings, stag, hen and other party groups are not permitted, and will be refused entry with no course for refund. If you have any doubts, please contact us and we will be happy to advise.
- Accessibility: There are 2 steps to the front door and 3 to the back door. Low step (4cm) over threshold from front porch, low step (4cm) into play room. 10cm step into each shower cubicle. Low/angled door from master bedroom into bathroom, see photos. Staircase (with banister) to the first floor, splitting towards the top. The left split has 5 steps without banister, leading to the master bedroom, trundle bedroom and a bathroom. The right split has 5 steps with banister, leading to the second king size room, the bunk bedroom and a bathroom. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps.
- Kitchen facilities: single electric fan oven, 4 ring gas hob, tall fridge-freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, microwave, cafetière.
- Utility room: shower, WC, sink, washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes airer.
- Iron, ironing board, and 1 hairdryer provided.
- There is parking available on the driveway next to the house, with space for 3 cars.
- One infant up to age 2 is welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. A second infant may be allowed, with prior agreement only. 1 baby/travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on request.
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaWith its shallow waters revealing a vast swathe of sand at low tide, Middleton has long been established as one of the prominent luxury beach destinations on the south coast. A low-key seaside village, it remains proudly off the beaten track; a true hidden gem that inspires lucky visitors to keep their discovery a secret and return year after year. The village is a 5-minute walk and offers essential shops along with a couple of pubs and takeaways, a great butcher and the award-winning Ye Olde Fish & Chippe Shoppe (it must be done!). There are some excellent restaurants nearby, including Fino in Felpham, Mustards and Chez Moi in Bognor, and The Boathouse in Littlehampton. A half hour stroll along the beach will bring you to The Lobster Pot in Felpham for fantastically fresh, simple seafood. This is a fabulous coastline to stretch your legs east to Climping and onwards to Littlehampton’s West Beach, or west to Bognor Regis and Pagham. Pagham Harbour Nature Reserve and Chichester Harbour a little further to the west are both areas of outstanding natural beauty, and a haven for unusual birds, wildlife and nature conservation, along with sailing centres at Itchenor and Bosham.
For an indulgent treat head to Bailiffscourt Spa in Climping. For a family day trip, head over to Butlins in Bognor Regis with its indoor and outdoor water park ‘Splashworld’, and a range of entertainment and rides to keep the kids and grown-up kids happy. The historic market town of Arundel is just 6 miles up the road, and is well worth a trip to stroll the riverbank and see the iconic castle and the cathedral. Petite and cosmopolitan, the cathedral city of Chichester is only nine miles away with an excellent range of independent and high street shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Chichester Festival Theatre is well worth a visit; famous for its quality of theatre production, many of which premiere here before moving on to London. Just north of Chichester, the famous Goodwood Estate includes a motor circuit, racecourse and aerodrome and is home to the world-renowned Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival and Glorious Goodwood (Qatar Festival).
Choose your dates