Farthings is a warm and welcoming large cottage, bustling with character and set in the coastal village of West Wittering, offering great family-friendly holiday accommodation near to the spectacular, famous sandy beach.
Entering into the large hall, a library of books decks the wall leading into the spacious living room, which offers a trio of comfortable sofas for cosy films on the Smart TV. The dining area to the side has a large table perfect for family gatherings, and leads to the large modern kitchen which has everything you could need for luxury self-catering including an electric range cooker. The utility room houses a washing machine and tumble dryer. Between the kitchen and utility there is a fantastic games room with a full-size pool table, with French doors onto the patio and garden beyond. Also on the ground floor is a boot room and WC.
Upstairs on the first floor are four comfortable bedrooms: the master with king size bed and TV, Bedrooms Two and Three with double beds, and Bedroom 4 with bespoke fitted bunk beds. There are two spacious family bathrooms, one with a bath and separate walk-in shower, and the second with a large walk-in shower. An ideal layout for larger family groups.
The extensive, private gardens of Farthings are a delight, perfect for relaxing on a balmy summer's day. Through a secret hedgeway can be found the private and secluded heated outdoor swimming pool (open from 22 March to 04 November 2024), a great alternative to the busy beaches in the height of summer. See the ‘House info’ section for more information about this luxury holiday cottage with private heated swimming pool and games room in West Wittering, West Sussex.
- No pets
- Real fire
- Swimming pool
- Games room
- Television (Smart TV)
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi Superfast (30Mbps+)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books & games
- Large home - sleeps 8+
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Secure bike store
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: Strictly not allowed.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 28 nights (a short-term let).
- Top tip: Adding another night or two may only cost a little extra, or sometimes nothing at all! This is a great way to add some flexibility to your stay.
- Farthings accommodates up to 6 adults, and 9 guests in total including children. Farthings is a family-focussed property and is not suitable for parties. Stag, hen and other party groups are not permitted, and will be refused entry with no course for refund. There is some limited allocation for responsible groups of up to 6 friends with prior written agreement, please do check with us as we may be able to accommodate. Strictly no filming, parties, day guests or wedding groups without our written agreement prior to booking. If you have any doubts as to the suitability of the house for your stay, please do contact us and we will be happy to advise.
- Kitchen facilities: double electric range cooker with 2 ovens (1 with grill) and 6 electric hobs, tall fridge-freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, coffee machine.
- Utility room: washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, clothes airer and iron/ironing board.
- Swimming pool: open to guests and heated from 22 March to 04 November 2024. Target temperature: 26-28C (min. 24C) approx. Please replace the pool cover after every use (this is not a safety cover and does not support the weight of people or animals). The pool has some fences and hedges around the perimeter but it is not fully enclosed. Please always supervise children when they are outside.
- Free private parking on the driveway next to the house, with space for 3 cars.
- One infant up to age 2 is welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on advance request.
- Central Heating.
- Wi-Fi: Superfast (30Mbps+)
Local areaFarthings is situated just half a mile from West Wittering beach, a beautiful stretch of sand and dunes offering stunning views across the Solent to the Isle of Wight. The sea is popular with wind and kite surfers while shallow lagoons are left on extensive, sandy flats at low tide. The area is internationally recognised for its wildlife, birds and unique beauty. Just a 20-minute walk from the cottage is the National Trust area of East Head, one of the last surviving pieces of natural, untouched coastline in West Sussex.
Further north and you can visit Chichester Harbour and Itchenor, abuzz with sail and pleasure boats and a fascinating quayside to sit and watch the constant activity. Chichester, seven miles north of West Wittering, is the cathedral city of Sussex and one of the great well-preserved Georgian cities in the UK. The city centre is neatly enclosed within the ancient Roman walls, making Chichester compact and cosmopolitan to explore on foot. There are plenty of shops and restaurants and the Chichester Festival Theatre is worth booking. The cinema complex to the south of the city also makes for an enjoyable evening out.
Visit Chichester Harbour, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with its plethora of wildlife. The harbour is made up of a series of tidal creeks and Bosham is probably the best known of the quayside villages. The Goodwood Estate is half an hours' drive from Farthings, where you can enjoy the premier motorsport events the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival, as well as the ‘Glorious Goodwood’ Qatar racing festival.
Choose your dates