This dog friendly two-bedroom holiday home sits right on the seafront of a private estate, in the village of Ferring, West Sussex. A cool and relaxed retro vibe for laid back beach life.
Ferring Marine is set on the first (top) floor of a smart set of apartments, enjoying enviable beach frontage in this quiet seaside village. The large sitting room faces south to the sea through a wide bay window, flooding the room with light. Deep blue sofas and armchairs provide a comfortable cinema from which to enjoy the constantly changing canvas of the seascape just outside. When the night draws in, curl up in front of the large Smart TV, or simply soothe the senses with a sea breeze and the waves lapping against the shore.
The kitchen-dining room also faces the ocean. Sparkling with aquamarine tiles, retro units and a checked floor, it is a light-hearted and sunny spot to cook and eat. A spacious master bedroom offers a king size bed, sofa, mirrored wardrobe and chest of drawers, while Bedroom Two offers twin beds (two singles), a wardrobe, drawers and a desk.
Outside there is a large shared garden, and at low tide the sea reveals long stretches of footprint-free sand for paddling, sandcastles and picnic lunches. On warm summer eves, the pebble shoreline is the perfect setting for romantic sunset dinners. See the ‘House info’ section for more information about this beach home for couples and family holidays near Worthing and Littlehampton, West Sussex.
- Pets welcome (one dog)
- Television (Smart TV)
- Sea view
- Beach front
- Garden/outside space (shared)
- Dishwasher (slim)
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: a maximum of one well-behaved dog is allowed at a cost of £25 per week.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 28 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: Outside half staircase to the front door (with bannister and standard height risers). One step (15cm) over the front door threshold. Inside half staircase to the inner front door (standard height risers, no bannister). Bathroom has a shower over bath, standard height bath. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. Measurements are approx.
- The windows in the sitting room are accessible from the ledge which is approx. 50-60cm high. Please do not sit on the ledge, and keep windows closed at all times when children are in the property. Keys for the window locks are provided.
- Kitchen facilities: single electric fan oven, 4 ring gas hob, tall fridge-freezer, slimline dishwasher, washing machine/dryer (combi washer-dryer), microwave, kettle, toaster, cafetière.
- Iron, ironing board, clothes airer, 1 hairdryer provided.
- For the safety of guests and all beach users, Ferring Marine operates a no-glass policy. High quality plastic tumblers are provided for general drinks use.
- One free private parking space approx. 20m walk from the property. There may be one additional space on the private roadway, however this is subject to availability. Further free on-street parking is available in the village centre approx. 0.5-1 mile away, please check local signage.
- One infant up to age 2 is welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on advance request.
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaFerring is a relaxed but bustling seaside village, there is always activity without feeling overcrowded. Private estates comprise much of the area so there are relatively few tourists when compared to further along the coast, meaning quiet beaches and long stretches of footprint-free sand at low tide. There are fabulous greenswards sitting immediately behind the vegetated shingle above the beach, a great place to walk with popular cafes such as The Bluebird and Sea Lanes serving as pleasant refreshment stops along the way. The shallow waters and long, flat sands at low tide are a paradise for watersports; SUP paddleboarding, kitesurfing and sea kayaking are very popular here and hire/tuition is available at Littlehampton (‘The Beach’ Watersports Centre) and Goring. There are plenty of good pubs and eateries nearby, including takeaways, the Henty Arms, the popular Orange Tree Café, the lovely Andalucia Tapas & Wine Bar, Ristorante Al Mare just up the road in East Preston, and Pitch in Worthing. Ferring also offers local shops plus the excellent Rassasy Farm Shop, with large supermarkets within a 5-10 minute drive.
To the west is the seaside town of Littlehampton and its sandy East and West Beaches, bisected by the estuary of the River Arun. From here fishing and leisure trips can be taken. To the east, the peace and tranquillity of the beaches around Ferring give way to the more traditional seaside resorts of Worthing, Lancing and Shoreham. Worthing is centred around its historic Pier while Shoreham Beach is an internationally rare habitat and a Local Nature Reserve. Beyond Shoreham you can easily reach the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Brighton. An enjoyable day can be spent wandering the eclectic selection of shops and arts, its iconic Royal Pavilion and the i360. Head north from Ferring and within a 10-minute drive to Patching you can be lost in the stunning hilltop scenery of the South Downs around Chanctonbury and Cissbury Rings. The historic market town of Arundel is just 7 miles up the road, and is well worth a trip to stroll the riverbank and see the iconic castle and the cathedral.
Choose your dates