Tucked away in a small valley with vineyards to the east and west, Little Vintners is a cosy and welcoming one-bedroom holiday home set in a peaceful location near Pulborough.
The stable door opens into the smart kitchen/dining area, with a vaulted ceiling creating a light and spacious feel. The kitchen is attentively equipped to create enjoyable self-catering meals after a day exploring the South Downs. With views over the garden in two directions there are plenty of opportunities for wildlife watching from the bright sitting room, putting your feet up in front of the Freeview Smart TV with Blu-ray player, or just for relaxing with a good book. There is also a cloakroom/WC downstairs for convenience.
Stairs lead to the king size (5’) bedroom on the first floor, where the sloping ceilings add to the charm and a large dormer reveals views across the glorious garden. Beyond the bedroom, an en-suite wet room offers a shower, WC, bidet and washbasin.
French doors from the sitting room open onto the side garden, where a small, natural stream marks the garden’s edge. Follow the garden round and it opens onto a fabulous large lawn, overlooked by a magnificent cedar tree casting welcome shade on sunny afternoons. The perfect place to enjoy a cup of tea, or perhaps a glass of award-winning local wine. There is easy access to the local footpath and bridleway network, a great opportunity to explore the surrounding Sussex countryside.
See the ‘House info’ section for more details about this rural retreat near Petworth and Arundel, West Sussex.
- No pets
- Television (Smart TV)
- DVD player (Blu-ray)
- En-suite bedroom
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No children
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: not allowed.
- Please contact us if you are looking for a short-term let in West Sussex (a stay of over 21 nights).
- Kitchen facilities: Four ring induction hob, single electric oven, tall fridge/freezer (70/30), dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, kettle, four slice toaster, cafetière.
- Iron and compact ironing board.
- Accessibility: Gravel surface to drive, level path to front door with one step (approx. 10cm) over the front door and French door thresholds, L-shaped staircase (standard height risers) with banister to access the bedroom and wet room on the first floor. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps.
- Please note that the bedroom and bathroom have a sloping ceiling and there is restricted head height in places. In particular please be aware of the sloping corners of the dormer at the foot of the bed which may catch you, especially at night.
- Due to the layout of the cottage and an unfenced stream in the garden, this property is not suitable for children and infants.
- There is parking available on the driveway adjacent to the cottage, with space for 1 car.
- Gas fired underfloor heating to ground floor and radiator to bedroom. Electric underfloor heating in wet room.
- Wi-Fi (rural speed)
Local areaGay Street is a tiny hamlet, yet is proud to be the home to no less than three acclaimed vineyards and Wine Estates. Nutbourne, Nyetimber and Ambriel Sparkling are all within walking distance (ticketed open days only at Nyetimber), and there are no less than 10 vineyards within 10 miles at last count. This is the heart of West Sussex wine country and a mecca for connoisseurs. Beer and ale enthusiasts are also well catered for, with the excellent Hepworth and Greyhound Breweries both within 3 miles and producing a wide range of very good Sussex IPAs, ales and beers including gluten-free and vegan options.
There are 2 good country pubs about a 20-minute walk across the fields; The Rising Sun in Nutbourne and the Queens Head in West Chiltington. For food supplies, the wonderful Dyke Farm Shop is a mile away, or take a stroll 5 minutes up the road to Crowell’s for their ‘cracking’ eggs. There is also a large Sainsbury’s and Tesco at Pulborough. Venturing a little further afield there are an abundance of places to visit; Petworth House and Park, Parham House, RSPB Pulborough Brooks, Amberley Village, castle and working museum, Arundel and Knepp Castle are all within a 15-minute drive. And of course the beautiful South Downs and River Arun sit just the other side of Pulborough, ready for a lifetime of exploration.
Beautiful Little Vintners
Comfortable, cosy accommodation with everything you need. It was perfect for us for our 3 week stay. Lovely warm welcome and advice from Julian & Alain was much appreciated. We would certainly recommend Little Vintners Holiday Cottage.
A home from home
I booked Little Vintners to escape a water issue at my property that had been very stressful over the Christmas period. I just needed somewhere that I could rest at the end of the day. When I arrived Julian and Alain were extremely welcoming and immediately made me feel at home. The kitchen is wonderful and fully stocked with every implement you could think of. The property is immaculately clean and beautiful woodland views from the aspects. If you like a tucked away position, where all you can hear are the owls at night and birdsong in the morning, with the occasional sighting of deer, then you will love Little Vintners. I will be staying there again for sure! Thank you Julian and Alain, you are wonderful hosts! :-)
Choose your dates