Marine House sits in a quiet residential area of East Wittering, just a minute or two from the beach. With four different social areas and five bedrooms sleeping up to 9 guests, this modern seaside holiday home on the Sussex coast is ideal for large family gatherings and other responsible groups.
The entrance hall meanders into a large central atrium, with stripped floorboards and a double-height ceiling looking up towards the first floor sitting room. Easy chairs are placed in front of an open fire; a cosy snug in which to read, sip and warm the toes in the colder months. Sliding doors reveal the games room, featuring a full-size pool table (50p per game) for family potting contests with just a hint of healthy competition!
The games room is open plan into the dining room and kitchen, looking out over the garden through wide sliding doors. The large table sits next to an ornamental log burner (not in use), and the kitchen comes fully loaded all the way to an espresso machine and a small utility room to the side. Stairs from the entrance hall take you to the spacious first floor sitting room with large Smart TV, offering tantalising glimpses of sparkling sea views between the rooftops opposite. From here you really get an idea of just how close this Witterings beach house is to the beautiful South Coast, barely 100 metres away.
There is accommodation for 8 guests in four bedrooms on the ground floor: the master king size with en-suite wet room & WC, two further king size bedrooms and a twin. Upstairs and tucked behind the sitting room, there is a cosy single bedroom ideal for a guest who would prefer a little more privacy – or a secret kids’ hideaway. Along with the large en-suite shower, also on the ground floor there is a family bathroom with WC and a shower over bath, and a further separate WC.
Sliding doors open wide from the dining area to the south-facing rear garden, where there is an outside dining table and lounge seating on the patio, plenty of space for relaxing in the Sussex sun on the loungers, and play time with the kids on the lawn. A perfect wind-down spot before more seaside adventures tomorrow. See the ‘House info’ section for more information about this coastal holiday rental near West Wittering, Chichester, Goodwood and Bognor Regis, West Sussex.
- No pets
- Real fire (open fire)
- Games room (pool table)
- Television (Smart TV)
- Selection of books & games
- Large home - sleeps 8+
- En-suite bedroom
- Ground floor bedroom & bathroom
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Secure bike store
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: not allowed.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 28 nights (a short-term let).
- Top tip: Adding another night or two may only cost a little extra, or sometimes nothing at all! This is a great way to add some flexibility to your stay.
- Accessibility: three low steps (5cm) over the front door threshold. One low step (3cm) into the family bathroom. Four ground floor bedrooms, including Bedroom One with an en-suite walk-in shower/wet room. L-shaped staircase (with banister) to the first floor, opening directly into the sitting room at the top, with Bedroom 5 also on the first floor. Step down (15cm) from the dining room to the patio and garden. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. Measurements are approx.
- Kitchen facilities: double electric fan oven, 5 ring gas hob, tall fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, cafetière, coffee machine.
- Utility room: washing machine, tumble dryer, sink.
- Iron, ironing board, 1 hairdryer provided.
- Please note that the log burner must not be used.
- The pool table requires a 50p coin per game, please bring enough or your stay. Basic cues and a few complimentary 50p’s are provided.
- Free private parking on the driveway next to the house, with space for 4-6 cars depending on size and positioning. It is possible to park 1 car behind the gates to the side of the house; these are bolted (not locked) from the inside.
- Bikes can be stored outside in the rear garden, behind the bolted gates.
- One infant up to age 2 is welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 baby/travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on advance request.
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaWith its shallow waters revealing a vast swathe of sand at low tide, East Wittering is a hidden gem with a quieter beachfront than its famous sister village to the west. It offers a Co-op/Tesco Express plus a good butchers and deli, along with several pubs/bars, restaurants, takeaways and surf/watersports shops all within a 5-minute walk. Larger supermarkets are available in Chichester, Selsey and Bognor Regis all a short drive away. There are some great restaurants nearby, including the 18th century Lamb Inn 2 miles away, the excellent Crab and Lobster Gastropub at Sidlesham Quay, and CHK Italian near Birdham.
Laid back beach life is what Marine House is all about. To stretch your legs, head out along the coastline to Bracklesham Bay or the famous sand dunes of West Wittering. If you want to explore the area a little further then Pagham Harbour to the east and Chichester Harbour to the west are both areas of outstanding natural beauty, and a haven for unusual birds, wildlife and nature conservation, along with sailing centres at Itchenor and Bosham. For a family day trip, head over to Butlins in Bognor Regis with its indoor and outdoor water park ‘Splashworld’, and a range of entertainment and rides. Petite and cosmopolitan, the cathedral city of Chichester is only seven miles away offering an excellent range of independent and high street shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Chichester Festival Theatre is well worth a visit, famous for its quality of theatre productions many of which premiere here before moving on to London. Just north of Chichester, the famous Goodwood Estate includes a motor circuit, racecourse, golf course and aerodrome and is home to the world-renowned Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival and Glorious Goodwood (Qatar Festival).
Choose your dates