Nestled in the semi-rural village of Aldingbourne between the South Downs National Park and the West Sussex coast, Mayaro Cottage offers luxury holiday accommodation for up to five guests.
The fabulous open plan living space is decorated in warm greys and soft wood tones, a welcoming room in which to socialise and relax. It features an elegant lounge area with sofa and armchairs in front of the Smart TV, a dining table, and a decadent, fully-equipped kitchen with range cooker and American fridge-freezer. A separate utility and boot room houses a washing machine, tumble dryer, a sink and plenty of space to hang your coats above the pew seat.
Through the hall, Bedroom One is a king size with armchair and TV, and sits next to the contemporary family shower room with large walk-in rainhead shower. With this practical ground floor bedroom and shower layout, this holiday rental is a great option for those with limited mobility. Upstairs, Bedroom Two is also a king size with air-conditioning, and comes furnished with a sofa bed and dressing table.
Outside, the living space opens to a loggia with bistro table, facing the pretty and fully fenced rear garden. An outdoor dining area sits on a raised plinth in the centre of the lawn, for cool drinks and languid evening meals in the Sussex sun.
See the ‘House info’ section for more information about this luxury self-catering home near Chichester, Arundel and the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival, West Sussex.
- No pets
- Television (Smart TV)
- Selection of books & games
- Ground floor bedroom & bathroom
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Secure bike store
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: not allowed.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 21 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: Flat paved path from the gravel parking, to the entrance via the rear door. One step (15cm) over the front door threshold. Bedroom One is on the ground floor (10cm step down into room), with an adjacent walk-in shower room. Standard staircase (with banister) to Bedroom Two on the first floor. 15cm step up onto the patio plinth and outside dining area. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. This is intended as a guide only and accuracy is not guaranteed, please contact us if you need more info. Measurements are approx.
- There are two Velux windows with a very low access height in the first floor bedroom (approx. 30cm high radiator, and approx. 30cm from top of radiator to the window frames). These windows are fitted with restrictors to allow a 10cm opening for your arrival, however a key is provided should they need to be opened in an emergency. If the restrictors are removed during your stay, it is essential that adults take care, understand that this room would no longer be safe for child access, and that children must be kept supervised at all times. This bedroom is fitted with air conditioning and there is a fixed stairgate available to use at the bottom of the stairs.
- Sofa bed: This can be requested at the time of booking, or up to 2 weeks before arrival. If you do not specifically request the sofa bed, it will not be made up with linen etc. If your booking is for 5 guests, sofa bed linen will be provided as standard.
- Kitchen facilities: range cooker with double electric fan ovens and 5 ring gas hob, American fridge-freezer with water dispenser, full size dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, cafetière, coffee machine (Dolce Gusto).
- Utility room: washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, coat hooks.
- Iron, ironing board, clothes airer, 1 hairdryer provided.
- A shed is available in the rear garden for bike storage (please request in advance).
- Free private parking on the driveway next to the house, with space for 2 large or 3 small cars. Ring video/motion detector camera covers the front driveway only.
- One infant up to age 2 is welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on request. Fixed stairgate in place at the bottom of the stairs.
- This is an annexe cottage, however no access is available between the main house and the cottage during your stay.
- Gas Central Heating (underfloor in living room, utility and bathroom).
Local areaMayaro Cottage sits in a great position, just 6 miles from both Chichester and Arundel where there are plenty of restaurants, pubs and shops. A wide range of large supermarkets can be found in Bognor (2 miles) and Chichester. There are some lovely countryside walks from the door; try a leisurely 2.5 mile flat walk to the 16th Century Gribble Inn in Oving, a lovely place for a pub lunch. 3 miles north, you can access the South Downs at the 1400-hectare Slindon Estate, owned by the National Trust and incorporating Stane Street – the Roman road linking London with Chichester, which offers a particularly picturesque walk through the woods from Eartham to the top of the South Downs at Bignor, where it meets the South Downs Way.
Four miles south is the fabulous West Sussex coastline, head to Bognor Regis to stretch your legs east to Climping and onwards to Littlehampton’s West Beach, or west to Pagham. Pagham Harbour Nature Reserve and Chichester Harbour a little further to the west are both areas of outstanding natural beauty, and a haven for unusual birds, wildlife and nature conservation, along with sailing centres at Itchenor and Bosham. West Wittering beach is the most wonderful beach nearby, book parking well in advance as it gets very busy in the summer.
For an indulgent treat head to Bailiffscourt Spa in Climping. For a family day trip, head over to Butlins in Bognor Regis with its indoor and outdoor water park ‘Splashworld’, and a range of entertainment and rides to keep the kids and grown-up kids happy. The historic market town of Arundel is just 6 miles up the road, and is well worth a trip to stroll the riverbank and see the iconic castle and the cathedral. Petite and cosmopolitan, the cathedral city of Chichester is also only 6 miles away with an excellent range of independent and high street shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Chichester Festival Theatre is well worth a visit; famous for its quality of theatre production, many of which premiere here before moving on to London. Just north of Chichester, the famous Goodwood Estate includes a motor circuit, racecourse and aerodrome and is home to the world-renowned Goodwood Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival and Glorious Goodwood (Qatar Festival). Along with Goodwood Racecourse, Fontwell Park is only a couple of miles away – a unique figure of eight track and a jewel of West Sussex horse racing.
Choose your dates