This luxury beach house for large family groups sits directly facing the sea in Middleton-on-Sea, West Sussex. An unrivalled landmark home with hot tub on the Sussex Coast.
- Prominent beach frontage
- Hot tub, summerhouse & fire pit
- Huge master bedroom suite.
- Log burner
***10% discount for all stay dates to 31/12/23***
A unique and elegant luxury beach house set on an exclusive private estate in Middleton-on-Sea, West Sussex. It is draped with lavish, effortless style, with four of the five bedrooms featuring panoramic sea views and two with en-suites. Offering a hot tub, summer house, fabulous fire pit lounge area, copious amounts of space and direct beach access, Sun House is an exceptional large holiday home for families and responsible, discerning groups.
Coming into dock at this luxury beachfront rental on the south coast, kick your shoes off and venture straight to the huge south-facing garden, the ocean lapping at the shoreline just beyond. Designed to maximise al fresco beach life, the garden is a joy to behold with several distinct leisure areas. The ‘Skye Bar’ summerhouse opens fully on two sides with bifold doors, a spectacular dining space to make the most of the dramatic location in any weather. To the other side of the large lawn, a brilliant fire pit/BBQ seating area is perfect for a low-and-slow sunset amongst family and friends. No luxury beach house is complete without a hot tub; climb the decked steps into the bubbles to enjoy elevated sea views illuminated by LED lighting. Behind the sun lounger area in front of the house, there is also a hot shower to the side to rinse off after a day in the sand.
Not wanting to be outdone by the garden, this large beach cottage is quite some backdrop. A unique home stay dressed in extravagant yet refined luxury, with hints to its Art Deco heritage alongside cutting edge design and facilities. There are three immense social spaces to gather with friends and family, each almost stretching the entire length of this seaside home. The sitting room has an ample variety of comfortable armchairs and a huge corner sofa ready to sink into after a busy day of coastal capers. The 75-inch Smart TV with full Sky package is perfect for a family film night, and the wood burning stove will keep you cosy and warm in the colder months. It is a unique and evocative experience to be curled up in front of the fire, with a storm rolling in over the sea and the waves crashing outside.
Next door, the dining room is an exclusive entertaining space in front of the iconic sea view, while to the rear of this central atrium ‘The Whisky Room’ is an intimate spot for a night of cards and good spirits, or a separate space for the kids to hang out in front of the large Smart TV here. Through another set of doors, the phenomenal kitchen is stocked with every possible gadget, down to the built-in bean-to-cup coffee machine (see the ‘House info’ tab for a full list of facilities). The black granite island stretches some four metres in length to a breakfast bar and table looking out over the garden and coastline.
On the first floor are four of the five bedrooms. The titanic ‘Master Bedroom’ suite flows from the super king bedroom area in front of the French doors to the balcony, through to the dressing area and into its en-suite bathroom with separate shower enclosure. Wake up to the invigorating sea breeze, and snuggle up with an evening film on the Smart TV. Next door, Bedroom Three ‘The Pink Room’ is another huge bedroom with super king size bed, sea views and doors opening onto the south-facing balcony that stretches the full width of the house. Bedroom Four ‘Pineapple’ is a large king size, again opening onto the balcony and with a palm tree swaying gently outside. Bedroom Five is a smaller twin, perfect for the kids to hunker down after a busy day of paddling and sandcastle construction. Next to the twin is the large family bathroom, offering a large shower, double end bath and double sinks. From the smart landing with reading corner, Bedroom Five ‘The Crow’s Nest’ sits privately on the second floor of this Sussex beach house rental. With a king size bed, en-suite shower room and a Juliet balcony offering elevated sea views, it is a serene step back from the hustle of everyday.
See the ‘House info’ section for more details about this luxury beach house on the West Sussex coast.
- Pets welcome (1 dog)
- Real fire (wood stove)
- Hot tub
- Large home - sleeps 8+
- Sea view
- Beach front
- En-suite bedroom x2
- Garden/outside space
- Fire pit
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Cot x2 (please bring bedding)
- Highchair x2
- Private parking
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Sun House is a family-focussed property and is not suitable for parties. There is limited allocation for other responsible single sex groups or groups of friends by prior written agreement only, but please do check with us as we may be able to accommodate. In order to ensure continued enjoyment for genuine bookings, stag, hen and other party groups are not permitted, and will be refused entry with no course for refund. If you have any doubts as to the suitability of the house for your stay, please do contact us and we will be happy to advise.
- On most occasions the house manager will welcome your group on arrival day. Please note this service is not guaranteed, however full house information and emergency contacts are also provided inside.
- One well-behaved dog is welcome at a £25 supplement, in the downstairs social areas only (not on furniture please). If they are wet or sandy please hose them clean outside, and keep them in the kitchen until dry.
- Kitchen facilities: double electric fan oven, 2 warming drawers, 4 plate induction hob, 2 ring gas hob, built-in microwave, Siemens built-in bean-to-cup coffee machine, American fridge-freezer with ice and water, dishwasher, kettle, toaster.
- Utility room: washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes airer and iron/ironing board
- 3 hairdryers provided.
- There is private parking available on the driveway next to the house, with space for 4 cars.
- Two infants up to age 2 are welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 2 travel cots (please bring bedding) and 2 highchairs are available on request.
- Due to the hot tub and the beach/sea beyond, please ensure children are supervised at all times. A lid is provided for the hot tub which must be replaced when not in use.
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaWith its shallow waters revealing a vast swathe of sand at low tide, Middleton has long been established as one of the prominent beach destinations on the south coast. A low-key seaside village, it offers essential shops along with a couple of pubs and takeaways, and a very good fish and chip shop (it must be done!). There are some excellent restaurants nearby, including Fino in Felpham, Mustards and Chez Moi in Bognor, and The Boathouse in Littlehampton. A half hour stroll along the beach will bring you to The Lobster Pot in Felpham for fantastically fresh, simple seafood. This is a fabulous coastline to stretch your legs east to Climping and onwards to Littlehampton’s West Beach, or west to Bognor Regis and Pagham. Pagham Harbour Nature Reserve and Chichester Harbour a little further to the west are both areas of outstanding natural beauty, and a haven for unusual birds, wildlife and nature conservation, along with sailing centres at Itchenor and Bosham.
For an indulgent treat head to Bailiffscourt Spa in Climping. For a family day trip, head over to Butlins in Bognor Regis with its brand new indoor and outdoor water park ‘Splashworld’, and a range of entertainment and rides to keep the kids and grown-up kids happy. The historic market town of Arundel is just 6 miles up the road, and is well worth a trip to stroll the riverbank and see the iconic castle and the cathedral. Petite and cosmopolitan, the cathedral city of Chichester is only nine miles away with an excellent range of independent and high street shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Chichester Festival Theatre is well worth a visit; famous for its quality of theatre production, many of which premiere here before moving on to London. Just north of Chichester, the famous Goodwood Estate includes a motor circuit, racecourse and aerodrome and is home to the world-renowned Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival and Glorious Goodwood (Qatar Festival).
Choose your dates