Taylors Copse Cottage is tucked away down a private lane in the rural hamlet of Steep Marsh, just north of the bustling market town of Petersfield in Hampshire.
This traditional weatherboarded barn offers entrances into both the kitchen and sitting room, allowing a joyful sense of freedom and exploration for the kids while the grown-ups cook dinner – or kick back with a chilled glass. The kitchen is fully fitted for a practical self-catering holiday, and the extendable dining table allows everyone to gather round after a day out. The central sitting room is furnished with leather sofas facing the log burner and Smart TV, a cosy corner to curl up come rain or shine.
The Master Bedroom sits at the far end of the house, accessed by four stairs down into the room. With a king size bed and views over the garden, it is a comfortable, private space for parents to retreat to after a busy day. Next door, the new bathroom is smartly finished with a large shower. Upstairs, the first floor features a cavernous triple bedroom with a study desk/workspace, an ideal layout for a short break with friends or as the kids’ den. There is ample room for guests to hang out or spread out as they wish, enjoying views across the paddocks and the rest of the smallholding.
Outside, the large open garden is flanked by the paddocks, stables and small fields containing a variety of animals including horses, goats, pigs and sheep. In spring there is a good chance of seeing newborn lambs frolicking, the air delicately fragranced with bluebell perfume from the surrounding private woodland which you are welcome to explore.
Taylors Copse Cottage is perfectly suited for family holidays and weekend breaks, or for longer stays (short lets) during house moves, renovations or for work contracts in Liphook, Haslemere, Waterlooville or Portsmouth. See the ‘House info’ section for more information about this pet-friendly holiday home near Petersfield, Hampshire.
- Pets welcome (2 dogs)
- Real fire (wood stove)
- Television (Smart TV)
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi (rural)
- Selection of books
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Secure bike store
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: a maximum of two well-behaved dogs are allowed at a cost of £25 each per week or part week (must be kept under control).
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 21 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: one step (20cm) over the front door thresholds. Bedroom One is on the lower ground floor with four steps down into the room (with handrail). Bathroom (ground floor): walk-in shower room with 10cm lip into shower. Standard staircase (with bannister) to the first floor and Bedroom Two. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. Measurements are approx.
- Kitchen facilities: single electric fan oven with grill, 4 electric hobs, tall fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, cafetière, coffee machine. Washing machine in the utility area by the bathroom.
- Iron, ironing board, clothes airer, 1 hairdryer provided.
- The track to access the property from the main road is well maintained, however it is unmade and undulating and may not be suitable for low-slung cars. Please check with us if unsure.
- Please note that the garden is open to the rest of the owners’ smallholding. This includes a couple of residential homes, stables, fields and paddocks. While the surroundings are generally safe, some fields have electric fences, animals may nip if fingers are offered to them, there is a pond in the woods, and there may be some machinery around, so please ensure children are supervised and dogs are kept under control.
- Free private parking on the driveway next to the house, with space for 2 cars (3 on request).
- Two infants up to age 2 are welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 baby/travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on request.
- Electric Central Heating.
- Wi-Fi (rural strength approx. 6mbps – may be intermittent).
Local areaSteep Marsh is a sleepy hamlet in the Hampshire countryside, but just a couple of miles from the town centre of Petersfield. Dating back to at least the 12th Century, there are an abundance of high street and independent shops, restaurants, pubs and supermarkets along with a mainline train station. For a truly charming and authentic English real ale pub experience, try The Harrow in Steep.
Taylors Copse Cottage sits on the edge of the Ashford Hangars, a National Nature Reserve deep in the heart of the South Downs National Park. It is a fine location for a family-friendly holiday cottage in Hampshire: within 10 miles you can also reach National Trust Uppark House, Queen Elizabeth Country Park, the Meon Valley Trail, and the fascinating Butser Ancient Farm and Hollycombe Steam In The Country.
A little further afield but still within easy reach are Portsmouth with its Historic Dockyard, Spinnaker Tower and Gunwharf Quays, Midhurst, Petworth, Chichester and the stunning sandy beaches and harbours around West Wittering, Bosham and Hayling Island.
Choose your dates