Just a few steps from the beautiful centre of Petworth in West Sussex, The Poolhouse is a luxury holiday home offering its own swimming pool, for exclusive stays in this refined historic market town. It is a perfect retreat for responsible adult groups, and families with children over 14 years of age.
Entering the open plan living space, deep elegant sofas sit in front of a large Smart TV. The large dining table is a fabulous place to eat, drink and entertain, and the smart kitchen is fully equipped for a self-catering break away.
Also downstairs is Bedroom One, featuring a king size bed, en-suite shower room and access down to the pool garden. With wide doors and a wet room, this bedroom is ideal for those with limited mobility. Upstairs on the first floor, there is a large lounge area with a sofa bed which leads to the other two bedrooms (see ‘House info’ for sofa bed details). Bedroom Two offers a king size bed and en-suite shower room, and Bedroom Three a double bed and en-suite shower.
Outside, the pool area is accessed via Bedroom One and provides a table, chairs and 6 sun loungers. A wonderful spot to rest, sunbathe and read, with shaded corners in which to take a nap when the sun gets too hot. All interspersed, of course, with a swim in the azure water.
See the ‘House info’ section for more information (including pool opening dates & heating) about this luxury pet-friendly holiday cottage with swimming pool in Petworth and the South Downs, West Sussex.
- Pets welcome (1 small dog)
- Swimming pool
- Television (Smart TV)
- DVD player
- Selection of books & games
- En-suite bedroom
- Ground floor bedroom & bathroom
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine (washer-dryer)
- Tumble dryer (washer-dryer)
- Unsuitable for children under the age of 14
- Private parking
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: a maximum of one small, well-behaved dog is allowed at a cost of £25 per week or part week.
- Apologies but children under the age of 14 are not allowed at this property. Please include children over 14 in the adult numbers when placing your booking.
- This property is not suitable for parties. Stag, hen and other party groups are not permitted. Other responsible single sex groups or groups of friends by prior agreement only, but please do check with us as we may be able to accommodate.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 28 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: one step (15cm) over the front door threshold. Bedroom One is on the ground floor with an adjacent walk-in shower/wet room. Doorways for this bedroom and shower room are 82cm wide, narrowest width access in wet room is 79cm (doorway to sink). Winder staircase (with bannister) to the first floor, opening directly into the landing at the top. Approx. 15cm lips into both en-suite shower rooms upstairs. 8 steps (with handrail) down from Bedroom One to the pool area. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. Measurements are approx.
- Kitchen facilities: single electric fan oven, 4 electric hobs, tall fridge-freezer, slimline dishwasher, washer-dryer, microwave, kettle, toaster, cafetière.
- Iron, ironing board, clothes airer, 2 hairdryers provided.
- The swimming pool is open and included for stay dates from 26 May to 17 Sept 2023, and from 24 May to 22 Sept 2024. It is provided unheated, but if you would like the heating to be switched on for your stay (where the above dates apply), the supplement is £25 per night. Pool heating can be selected in the options at the time of booking, or added afterwards by contacting us. Please note that the use of the pool is not included outside of these dates, but it can be requested within 2 weeks of arrival (agreement is subject to weather and at the discretion of the owner). The garden is fenced and accessed via the (lockable) ground floor bedroom door, the pool is unfenced within the garden.
- Sofa bed: This can be added for a supplement of £50 and includes linen (you can select this option when you place your booking, or can be requested up to two weeks prior to arrival). Please note the maximum capacity of the property remains at six guests total, the use of the sofa bed allows for greater flexibility of sleeping arrangements only.
- Free private parking on the driveway next to the house, with space for 2 cars (3 if parallel).
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaPetworth is best known as the location of the stately home Petworth House and its vast deer park landscaped by Capability Brown. The house contains an internationally renowned art collection with numerous works by Turner. This old English town is full of quaint houses and cottages, interspersed with fine antique shops, tearooms and restaurants; try the East Street Bar and Grill for some expertly prepared local produce. There is a well-stocked Co-op in town, or head to Pulborough for larger Sainsbury’s and Tesco’s supermarkets.
To the east, the market town of Midhurst nestles next to Cowdray Park. The Cowdray Estate is most famous for its polo club, particularly in June and July when the polo set meet for the Gold Cup. The Cowdray ruins are also of note, forming an impressive Tudor backdrop to Midhurst. Also nearby, Arundel is another historic market town dominated by its symbolic castle and the rising spire of the cathedral.
Ten miles south, the famous Goodwood Estate offers an exciting calendar of events, including the Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival and Glorious Goodwood (Qatar Festival). A little further past Goodwood, the cathedral city of Chichester is one of the great well-preserved Georgian cities in the UK, where Chichester Festival Theatre offers a variety of first-class productions. The Sussex coast and its sandy beaches are within a 30-minute drive.
Choose your dates