A sunny and cheerful holiday cottage, just 150 metres to the fabulous coastline of Rustington in West Sussex. With three bedrooms and a practical open layout, The Waves is an ideal base for a seaside holiday with family or friends.
With the sea glistening tantalisingly just a few steps away, the entrance hall welcomes you into a spacious open plan sitting-dining room. Kick back on the huge corner sofa after a day at the beach, with the dining area and door to the garden beyond. The kitchen is set in the corner, well equipped and with a large hatch to the dining space, making it a fun and engaging area to cook whilst keeping the kids at bay. There is also a cloakroom/WC downstairs for convenience.
Upstairs there is a master king size bedroom to the rear, plus a large twin room and a single bedroom to the front. The family bathroom has a bath with power rainhead shower over, with a separate WC next door. An ideal family layout for a short break to West Sussex, or a longer ‘short let’ rental between house moves and work placements near Littlehampton, Arundel and Worthing.
Outside, to the rear there is a lovely garden for lounging on warm summer evenings, with relaxed patio furniture, an outside dining table with BBQ and a small lawn. There is also a private parking space just behind the garden. To the front, the low tide sandy beach and grassy greensward beckon a short walk away – perfect for a classic bucket and spade vacation.
Offering hard flooring throughout the ground floor, no additional charges for dogs and with the local beaches being dog friendly too, this is a great location for all the family to enjoy a holiday together. See the ‘House info’ section for more details about this South Coast beach house near Arundel, Littlehampton and the South Downs, West Sussex.
- Pets welcome (2 dogs free of charge)
- Television (Smart TV)
- Selection of books & games
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Cot (please bring bedding)
- Private parking (1 car)
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: a maximum of 2 well-behaved dogs are allowed when requested in advance, free of charge.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 28 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: two steps (15cm) up to the front and rear door thresholds. Low step (2cm) between the sitting room and kitchen. Standard staircase (with bannister) to the first floor, all bedrooms, and the bathroom with shower over bath. Other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. Measurements are approx.
- Kitchen facilities: single electric fan oven, 4 ring gas hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, kettle, toaster, Dolce Gusto coffee machine.
- Iron, ironing board, clothes airer, 1 hairdryer provided.
- Free private parking on the driveway behind the house, with space for 1 car. Further free on-street parking nearby, subject to availability.
- One infant up to age 2 is welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on request.
- Gas Central Heating.
Local areaThe Waves is set on a quiet road just a few minutes’ level walk from the centre of Rustington, where you will find a selection of coffee houses, restaurants and bars on your doorstep. It is a bustling seaside village without feeling in any way over-run. The pebble beaches behind the long greenswards reveal large stretches of sand as the tide goes out, and are but a minute or two from the house. From here you can stroll freely east towards Worthing centred around its historic pier, or west to the seaside town of Littlehampton, where its east and west beaches are bisected by the estuary of the River Arun. From here fishing and leisure boat trips can be taken. It is a great area to walk with popular cafes such as The Bluebird Cafe and Sea Lanes along the way. SUP paddleboarding, kitesurfing and sea kayaking are very popular in the area too, and hire/tuition is available in Littlehampton (‘The Beach’ Watersports Centre) and at Goring-by-Sea.
There are plenty of good pubs and eateries nearby, including Fig, Establo Lounge and La Cuchina in Rustington, The Lamb at Angmering, World’s End at Patching and the award-winning Fish Factory in Littlehampton. There is a large Waitrose just round the corner from the house, and a Sainsbury’s and Aldi 5 minutes by car. For days out, to the east you can easily reach the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Brighton. An enjoyable day can be spent wandering the eclectic selection of shops and arts, its iconic Royal Pavilion and the i360. Head north from Rustington and within a 10-minute drive to Patching you can be lost in the stunning hilltop scenery of the South Downs around Chanctonbury and Cissbury Rings. The historic market town of Arundel is just 6 miles up the road, and is well worth a trip to stroll the riverbank and see the iconic castle and the cathedral.
Choose your dates