Beaufort Barn is a luxury hideaway tucked away in the peaceful foothills of the South Downs. Enjoy stunning views of the rolling Sussex countryside from every angle of the immaculately-appointed interiors and relish living a slower pace of life – perfect for families or couples looking to relax, recharge and make memories amidst nature's beauty.
Inside, the open-plan living space evokes a warm and inviting atmosphere with natural wooden flooring, tonal furnishings and underfloor heating. The modern shaker kitchen is fully equipped to prepare delicious meals for the grand dining table, while the feature breakfast bar presents the ideal spot to savour those morning essentials of a hot coffee and a hearty bowl of porridge.
In the winter months, sumptuous sofas huddle around the wood-burning fire; a cosy nook to curl up with a book, play board games or plan your next ramble across the Downs. When the sun is shining, the outside terrace makes a tranquil spot for al fresco dining, and the enveloping open gardens provide an exciting place for little ones to explore. Muddy boots can be washed down and stored in the handy utility room equipped with butler sink, boot rack and WC.
Whether you're planning on making the most of the outdoors with the abundance of walks on your doorstep, or desiring nothing but rest and relaxation, you're guaranteed a restful night's slumber in one of the three comfortable bedrooms – a master super king with en-suite shower, a further king-size bedroom and a versatile twin room, the latter two sharing the luxurious family bath/walk-in shower room. All with quality hotel-standard beds, crisp white bed linen and plenty of space for suitcases, you'll wake up feeling restored and ready for another day.
This property also offers the facility for electric vehicle (EV) charging for a small daily fee. See the ‘House info’ section for more information about Beaufort Barn (also known as Beaufort Dairy, West Burton), one of our luxury country cottages in the South Downs near Arundel, Petworth and Amberley, West Sussex.
- No pets
- Real fire (wood stove)
- Television (Smart TV)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books & games
- En-suite bedroom
- Ground floor bedroom & bathroom
- Garden/outside space
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Private parking (3 cars)
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging (daily fee)
- Short lets/long stays possible
- Linen & towels
Useful information and house rules
- Pets: not allowed.
- Please contact us if you are interested in a stay of over 21 nights (a short-term let).
- Accessibility: Single-storey (ground floor) property. Two steps (15cm) over the front door threshold. One step (15cm) over the rear door threshold onto patio and garden. Low step (5cm) into each walk-in shower. All other internal floors are even and level, with no internal steps. Measurements are approx.
- There is a small, unfenced stream in the grounds with steep banks. This is often dry during the summer, however due to this and the wood stove please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Kitchen facilities: Electric range cooker with 1.5 ovens and 5 hotplates, tall fridge-freezer with water dispenser, dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster.
- Utility room: washing machine, butler sink, boot rack and WC.
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer provided.
- Free private parking on the driveway next to the house, with space for 3 cars. Electric vehicle (EV) charging is available for £5 per day, payable as an optional extra at time of booking.
- Two infants up to age 2 are welcome in addition to the total guest capacity of this property. 1 baby/travel cot (please bring bedding) and 1 highchair are available on request.
- Underfloor Central Heating.
Local areaBeaufort Barn is located in the tiny hamlet of West Burton deep into the South Downs National Park, a mile west of the picturesque village of Bury with its popular 16th Century pub The Squire & Horse, the excellent Charlie’s Farm Shop and walks along the River Arun. Seven miles to the north you will reach the historic market town of Petworth, best known for its stately home Petworth House and deer park. The Downs offer a myriad of local paths to discover, in addition to the long distance South Downs Way and Monarchs Way being very close by. Heading east, Amberley has a wealth of ancient houses and cottages in a beautiful archetypal English style. Five miles south is the historic town of Arundel, set on the banks of the River Arun and best known for its majestic castle and rising spire of the cathedral that dominate the skyline of this little town.
There are many award-winning vineyards in the area showcasing the best of British wine, including Stopham and Roebuck Estates just up the road. Also within half an hour, as well as the Sussex Coast and Chichester, the famous Goodwood Estate includes a motor circuit, racecourse and aerodrome and is home to the world-renowned Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival and Glorious Goodwood (Qatar Festival).
Report on staying at Beaufort Barn
Fine . We loved our stay. We didn't the washing up machine capsules until we left but we're new to the game!
Choose your dates